The AGR Graduate Recruitment Conference is the biggest and best graduate industry event in Europe.
Taking place over three days, the Conference will provide invaluable networking, learning, and discussion opportunities, to prepare you for the graduate recruitment year ahead, whether you are an employer, supplier, or careers service profession.
The theme for 2013 is 'Back to the Future'
This year we are proud to present a brand new format for the breakout sessions. The new design aims to give our diverse range of delegates the greatest flexibility in choosing a subject and learning style best suited to their needs.
There will be 3 Subject Tracks across the Monday and Tuesday:
- Changes in Education and Early Careers
- Talent Attraction
- Talent Selection
Across the 3 Subject Tracks, sessions will be delivered in 3 Learning Styles:
- Thought Leadership (Inspiring thought for reflection on the future direction of the industry)
- Practical Take-aways (Sessions that help provide solutions to the knottiest industry challenges)
- Skills Development (Skill taster sessions to help you become world class as a graduate industry professional)
Upon arrival at the Conference on the Sunday afternoon, we will be running a series of introductory and warm up activites. See below for more information.
This year we are offering delegates a choice of 27 sessions across the Monday and Tuesday. Confirmed session titles so far include:
- “Skills shortages and demographic shifts: Building a resilient talent pipeline”
- “Is the shortage of STEM women keeping you awake?”
- “Digital media and science working together to attract, select and convert the best”
- “Shaping the future through early careers engagement: A Siemens Case Study”
- “Shrinking the thinking: A new way of approaching your graduate marketing to maximise ROI”
- “Practical tips on integrating a Strengths-based Assessment approach into your graduate recruitment strategy - a Nestle Case Study”
- “Fifty Shades of Entry Level Talent”
- “Let the creatives see the clients: What’s new, what’s next and what does it mean for you?”
- “Personality – you can have too much of a good thing!”
- “A dialogue between big data on graduate talent and graduate recruitment practice”
- “Are Talent Strategies Building Disengagement?”
- “Involve your employees effectively through social media in order to attract talent”
- “Unconscious bias in graduate recruitment”
Before booking your travel, please note that there are a number of warm-up activities taking place on Sunday 7th July (from approximately 12 noon onwards). Participating in these sessions will help you get the most out of your conference experience.
- ‘Getting the most of out the AGR Conference’ session:
This is an informal sessions who will guide you in how to maximise your enjoyment and value of the event.
This friendly drinks reception will give new delegates the opportunity to network with each other, as well as a chance to meet the AGR team.
For the third year running the AGR is pleased to be supporting The Spring Project to deliver another of their FREE radical employability training days on the Sunday before the conference. In previous years this event has received exceptional feedback from everyone involved, participants and conference delegates alike. The AGR encourages conference delegates to consider whether they can plan their travel arrangements to the conference in order to be able to take part and benefit from being involved in this worthwhile event. Over 3000 unemployed graduates have benefitted from the Spring Project's radical free training to date (www.springproject.co.uk).
Delegates have provided a wide range of support to the local unemployed graduates that attend in the past, from group masterclasses on interviews and assessment centres, to 1-2-1 coaching. Whatever the skills you have, (or those you'd like to practice!), and regardless of the amount of time you can offer on the Sunday, The Spring Project would love to hear from you and make your involvement as useful and rewarding to you as it is to the graduates you will be supporting. To watch a short video of last years event and to hear from delegate that have got involved before then click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvC_ZByJN-A And to register your interest in supporting the event this year and to find out more information then please contact Andrew Armes at firstname.lastname@example.org
This year we will have two keynote speakers:
The first speaker is Dean Van Leeuwen, a founder of Tomorrow Today. Dean is a seasoned speaker at events, with a with a far-flung international reputation. At this year’s conference, Dean will be focussing on the future of recruitment.
Joining him will be well-known motivational speaker, Steve McDermott. Steve has not only been voted the UK’s ‘Motivational Speaker of the Year’ an impressive three times, but he is also the author of the bestselling book, How to be a Complete and Utter Failure in Life, Work and Everything.
Also on the agenda will of course be the launch of the AGR Summer Survey.
- PREMIER GRADUATE INDUSTRY EVENT IN EUROPE - Around 600 graduate and early careers industry professionals attend this superb networking event every year (what you can learn from speaking to someone for 5 mins who has been through a similar challenge can save you months of research)
- BRAND NEW FORMAT - Tailor your conference to suit subject areas of interest & learning style preference
- INDUSTRY THOUGHT LEADERSHIP - sessions to challenge your thinking, inspire and discuss what's coming in the graduate and early careers industry over the coming years
- PRACTICAL SOLUTIONS - Learn from your peers in the industry sharing their best practice & innovations. Last year's speakers included: Barclays, L'Oreal, Nuclear Graduates, Accenture, RBS, Civil Service, KPMG, Teach First, to name a few.
- SAVE RESEACH TIME - Tap into your talent competitors' knowledge and supplier partner expertise at one event rather than calls/meetings over space of the year
- RE-ENERGISE! We all know the industry can be extremely rewarding but hard work - many come simply seeking inspiration to fuel them for the new season. This year we are proud to present a brand new format, designed to give our diverse range of both speakers and delegates the greatest flexibility in choosing a subject and learning style best suited to their needs.
This event being the premier graduate recruitment event in Europe is no idle boast. We are grateful to Conference Care and the AGR team as well as all our sponsors, to the many presenters and facilitators, the planning team, exhibitors and AGR Board members who spend many months working on the exhibition, stage set, this website, the entertainment programme (which promises to be every bit as good as last year) and the myriad of activities that go into make this a memorable and worthwhile event.
We look forward to welcoming you to the 2013 AGR conference whether you are returning for the umpteenth time or attending your first event. You are all very welcome.
Pre-Conference: Sunday 7th July 2013
Conference: Monday 8th & Tuesday 9th July 2013
The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport in South Wales
Photos from the AGR Annual Conference 2012
Created with flickr slideshow.
Still not convinced? Why not read what last year's delegates had to say about the event?
Upcoming Dates for this event
- Sun 07 Jul 2013
- Fri 05 Jul 2013
- Celtic Manor Resort, , Newport