Sector Focus Groups give AGR employer members the opportunity to meet with fellow recruiters and developers to share best practice.
The formula is simple: graduate recruiters from the sector meet up four times a year to discuss matters of mutual interest. The agenda always includes a Hot Topics round table item during which members are free to raise whatever issue they want, and increasingly the groups are working collaboratively to achieve a number of goals:
- Share best practice
- Improve their ability to influence
- Increase the impact and effectiveness of their events
- Look for ways to save costs through economies of scale.
The Sector Focus Groups take place in February, March and October in each year.
Open to all members:
AGR Scotland & North Sector Focus Group – Wednesday 7th September 2016
Click here for more information from previous events
AGR Wales & South West Sector Focus Group - Tuesday 13th September 2016
Click here for the slide deck from this event
Open to employer members only:
AGR Engineering, Energy & Industry Sector Focus Group - Tuesday 20th September 2016
AGR Retail/FMCG Sector Focus Group - Thursday 22nd September 2016
AGR Built Environment Sector Focus Group - Wednesday 28th September 2016
AGR Finance Sector Focus Group - Tuesday 4th October 2016
AGR IT Sector Focus Group- Thursday 6th October 2016
AGR Legal Sector Focus Group - Tuesday 11th October 2016
AGR Public Sector Focus Group - Thursday 13th October 2016
Current focus groups:
- Built Environment
- Engineering, Energy and Industry (EEI)
- Financial Services (including insurance, investment & retail banking, and accountancy)
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) and Retail
- Information Technology
- Public Sector
- Scotland & the North
- Wales & South West
Different groups have adopted different formulas for success, but the ground rules are largely the same. Meetings are hosted by members on a rotating basis, and are restricted to employer members only. Meetings are chaired either by the host or an AGR officer.
- Supplier members and University members are invited to attend at the request of the group, usually to present on a specific topic of interest.
- AGR administers the groups, sending out invites and details of the next meeting, as well as relevant questions and enquiries between meetings.
- Topics discussed in the meetings are private to those attending. Simplified minutes are circulated by the AGR to those members unable to attend, but we maintain a strong sense of confidentiality to contain information between those in attendance.
The sector group you join is determined by the sector in which your business operates, not the type of graduates you recruit. For example, if you are a bank that recruits IT graduates, your access is the finance sector, not the IT focus group. For the regional groups, these are open to any AGR employer members who would like to attend.
Not a member of an AGR Sector Focus Group? Participation in these groups is restricted to AGR Employer members. If you are an AGR Employer member and want to join a group, please email email@example.com
Click here to access presentations from the sector focus groups.